You will be part of the US Corporate Development (CD) Legal Team of the Legal and Compliance Department. You will report into the Associate General Counsel and Head of the CD Legal Team and will provide support to SCM (Supply Chain Management), GBS (Global Business Services), and other organizations / businesses within Siemens. You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating and drafting various types of procurement and sales contracts in many diverse subject areas as well as providing strategic guidance, training, template creation and all other legal support as may be needed from the CD Legal Team. This position will be based in Alpharetta, GA but will consider qualified candidates that reside near a major Siemens location.
Essential Job FunctionsProvide legal support at all levels of commercial transactions on a wide variety of procurement and sales topics (e.g., services and goods, marketing and communications, technology, freight forwarding and logistics, consulting services, special events, etc.);
• Assist in legal claim management to reduce non-conformance costs and pursue claim recoveries;
• Work closely with other attorneys and contract managers on the team to drive efficiency and provide excellent service to business partners; and
Critical CompetenciesExemplary ability to independently lead and execute all phases of challenging transactional engagements - from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and any post-closing conflict resolution;
• Expertise in Delaware and/or New York commercial and corporate law, as well as the Uniform Commercial Code;
• Very positive and friendly demeanor with a dynamic work ethic who is driven by performance excellence and ownership culture, and who has the people skills to thrive in a matrixed organization;
• Extremely adept at balancing critical legal oversight and risk mitigation strategies with the need for practical, business-oriented and efficient solutions;
• Comfortable dealing with exceedingly tight deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced and constantly evolving work environment;
• Highly polished and effective negotiation, communication and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executives;
• Experience counseling non-U.S. clients as well as U.S. affiliates of a foreign company;
• Demonstrated expertise in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners;
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, along with high character and personal integrity;
• Proven ability to initiate and follow-up on actions with minimal supervision;
• Strong stakeholder focus and business acumen;
• Highly flexible with a willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities; and
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally (5%-10%).
Education/Qualifications• Juris Doctorate from accredited law school;
• 7+ years of experience involving complex, international, strategic commercial transactions (at least 5 years with a law firm);
• Admitted to practice law in at least one state;
• Experience working in the legal department of a large, multinational corporation strongly preferred;
• At least 1 year of working experience with individuals and teams (internally) or third parties from diverse cultures, preferably located across multiple countries;
• Government contracting experience is a plus;
• Strong knowledge of licensing as well as intellectual property and technology law preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills (written and verbal) required;
• Negotiation abilities a must;
• Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite; and
• Team player who can also work independently while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.