We are looking for an analyst with experience in third-party software compliance activities using state-of-art processes and tools:
• Working with business lines to ensure legal compliance with all open source software (OSS) licenses, including reviewing / approving requests for open source components.
• Evaluation of software packages using prescribed scanning / auditing tools.
• Creation of clearing reports / license information & readme files based on scan results.
• Maintenance and updating of software portals with the list of components requested and approved.
• Performing code auditing and providing recommendations for compliance in software products, to R&D and legal departments.
• Delivering clearing and audit reports to development teams, and updating of internal portal(s) with results.
• Regular reporting of activities and status to key stakeholders.
Qualification: Graduate / Post Graduate (Mass Communication/Computer Science / Information Technology)
Experience: 1 - 3 years of experience in third party compliance activities (clearing, auditing, consulting) within a software group.
Knowledge and Capabilities:
• Expertise in MS Office, Adobe documentation tools.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with distributed teams and key stakeholders in global locations.
Good to have:
• Hands-on experience on compliance tools such as FOSSology / FOSSID / Palamida / Blackduck / Whitesource.
• Strong understanding of open source licensing issues and ability to provide interpretation.
• Good understanding of commercial and open source software licensing, and intellectual property law.
• Good understanding of software development processes and third party library usage.
• Experience working and consulting with development teams, and close cooperation with key roles such as project managers, architects, legal.
• Experience with process improvement initiatives within teams is an advantage.