From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens Mobility has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for the role of Head of Contract Management – ANZ to join our legal team. This role can be based in either Melbourne, Victoria or Brisbane, Queensland. The mission of this role will be to implement the Siemens Mobility Contract Management strategy while supporting accountable business partners with all aspects of contract and claim management for key projects. This role leads the Contract Management group while working in close cooperation with other business stakeholders including Legal, Project Management, Finance and the Executive.
· Develop and lead the implementation of the Contract Management strategy through pre-award function and into contract delivery phase.
· Local implementation of Global Siemens Contract Management policies and procedures.
· Formulate, implement and enhance contract and claim management strategies, processes. tools and templates.
· Manage resourcing of Contract Management function including utilisation analysis of team and future planning of effort based on pipeline.
· Lead development of Claim Strategy for key projects at contract award and through the full project life cycle.
· Actively manage open Claims and any open dispute resolution or ED proceedings
· Management and development of Contract Management team.
· Training and education of business on effective Contract Management strategies and approach.
For contracts within direct responsibility
· Oversee the implementation, execution and administration of Siemens’ upstream and downstream contracts ensuring that Siemens’ commercial and legal position is protected and maximised (including preparation of required notices/claims) in accordance with the requirements of the contract, project timings and Siemens’ business objectives.
· Engage and advise key stakeholders on:
· Siemens’ contractual and legal rights; and
· policies, strategies and processes to deliver improved business outcomes and mitigate risk.
· Provide direction on and facilitate the progress of contractual claims to a successful conclusion.
· Oversee reporting activities in conjunction with Finance (including claim registers and project reviews) to ensure contract and clam management performance and compliance.
· Participate in customer/supplier negotiations and in the formulation/implementation of negotiation and resolution strategies. Ensure adherence to Siemens’ internal standards and compliance with external regulations as required.
· Develop, implement and regularly review the claim strategy with regards to customers, sub-suppliers and partners together with project management.
· Strong understanding of Australian construction contracts and standard contract and claim management processes.
· At least 10 years of experience in a Project Management/Contract Management in Engineering or Construction company
· Bachelor’s Degree in Law/ Commerce/Engineering/Business Administration/ Construction or similar.
· Experience in:
- Leading a highly motivated and skilled team.
- Administering construction/engineering contracts through all stages of the project life cycle.
- Managing effective customer and supplier relationships and interfaces.
- Managing complex contract structures with demanding timelines.
- Executive level presentations and reporting.
· Ability to work autonomously, manage multiple tasks, prioritise and meet deadlines.
· Experience negotiating directly with customers/suppliers in high pressure environments
· Occasional interstate Travel may be required
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join a global provider in Mobility solutions. In return for your commitment you will have access to an attractive remuneration package and possible future career opportunities.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time