Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Siemens Logistics is recruiting a Senior Accountant / Controller, for its Governance & Control department part of the Lisbon Hub and responsible for 11 SL entities across Europe and Asia.
- Provide guidance to business and local organization for complex IFRS transactions in alignment with SL ACF A&R (HQ);
- Advise and challenge project commercials on their assumptions, ensuring a true and fair view in the project accounting (ex: accruals, provisions and assets positions);
- Develop an understanding of the underlying business, as well as the associated risks that impact the Books & Records;
- Perform regular monthly/quarterly controls using standard G&C reports and also support in the creation of new reports/controls for new processes/risk mitigation;
- Regular critical reviews of B/S & P/L to ensure accuracy as well as integrity and compliance of the financial statements and processes;
- Error reporting and management: reporting to SL ACF A&R and implementation and execution of mitigation measures;
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting & Finance or similar;
- Experience acquired in auditing environment or multinational companies (manufacturing, energy, construction, etc.) of 2/3 years;
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and efficient communication skills, as well as initiative and proactiveness;
- Ability to work under pressure, on a changing environment;
- Good knowledge of system SAP (not mandatory);
- Fluent in English.
- Good Excel knowledge & capabilitiesYou will be integrated in an international, young and dynamic team, with a mission of being Accounting Topic Experts, and the overall goal of supporting, advising, a ultimately add value to the business concerning the accounting treatments applied in their company’s books & records
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics, Unipessoal Lda
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time