We’re hiring a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) / Project Accountant to join our growing team in Florham Park, NJ. As a Commercial Project Manager/Project Accountant, you will play a key role in all commercial aspects related to a customer contract (Project) starting with the sales phase through the end of the complete project execution phase. With focus on being fully responsible for financial and commercial management (costs, revenue and cash flow) throughout the project execution phase (includes sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting), you will help shape and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow!
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people who want to take on the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you? We invite you to join our team!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Ensure proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, signature authorities.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools (division specific).
- Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM/Siemens Guidelines.
- Constantly assess risks and opportunity and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
- Implement and drive measures together with the project manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Managers to ensure Project Quality based on PM/Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals
- (Revenue, Margin, SG&A, etc.). Ensure quality on all commercial and administrational project quality policies as per PM/Siemens and Siemens guidelines.
- Support Project Managers in timely issuing invoices with strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by timely involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Influence team to take positive action and accountability for the assigned work.
What you need to bring:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or related academic field. CPA certificate or Master’s Degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a directly related industry (such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security Systems, Energy Savings, ESPC, Construction, Elevator) in a similar position such as Commercial Project Manager (Project Controller or Contract Administrator or equivalent), although we prefer someone with 5+ years experience. Candidates who are Siemens internal employees in a similar function will also be considered.
- Willing and available to travel throughout the Northeast Zone 20%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
What you will receive:
- Ownership Culture and Career options!
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
- Extra Employee Discounts
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.