Siemens Logistics LLC is a provider of Logistic Industry Solutions and Products. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in Mail & Parcel logistics and automation, Aviation logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as, Customer Service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Logistics LLC Customer Service (CS) is currently seeking a Sales /Business Development Director. Primary focus will be to contact prospects, generate leads and build relationships to sell technical support offerings to our customers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other businesses and functions to plan and execute global account strategies.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Partner with the customer to the extent that you are immersed in the operations of the customer and become an expert.
- Leads all aspects of development of strategies for profitable penetration into new or existing market segments.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques
- Develops sponsorship with key decision makers.
- Leads and drives new program ideas which result in profitable market strategies.
- Leads the development and execution of account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals within assigned key accounts and/or markets.
- Works closely with the System Application Engineers to develop pricing strategy and solutions for the customer
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience preferred
- Must have demonstrated success in effectively managing in a complex, conceptual selling environment
- Minimum 5 years successful sales management industry related experience
- Proven success in the identification, negotiation, and closing of deals that are profitable and that minimize exposure to risk for Siemens.
- Proven innovation in generating and leading implementation efforts of total solutions (product/services, 3rd party alliances) and market opportunities.
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to blend "Big Picture" ideas with the ability to execute details necessary to succeed.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A commitment to outstanding customer service and able to build solid client relationships as a trusted partner
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Advanced user of presentation tools (e.g. MS PowerPoint) and able to present to a variety of different audiences including C-Level executives
- Experience with tracking sales leads utilizing a CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
- Must be willing to travel (50+%).
- 10+ years proven successful experience. Experience should include marketing and business development to Operations personnel up to C-level executives.
- Proven success in the identification, negotiation, and closing of deals that are profitable and that minimize exposure to risk for Siemens
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Deliver effective messaging on social media, identify ideal buyers, and leverage tools such as LinkedIn
- Experience in material handling systems and/or express delivery industries
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.