Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sales Specialist, Lab Solutions.
This position will be responsible for Protecting and Growing our Chemistry and Immunoassay (IA) business in large accounts, primarily with our automation and information technology initiatives. In this position, the candidate will communicate and position the key buying drivers for the larger IDN/ACO/multi-site customers and positively contribute to the Healthcare Reform impacts on this specific market. This position will also be responsible for the entire end-to-end IT & Automation project for the customer. This includes strategic selling, project planning through implementation, go-live activities and post implementation customer business reviews.
In this position the candidate will work collaboratively with a team of Account Managers, Sales Specialists (Chemistry/Cardiac, Hematology/Hemostasis), IDN managers and Strategic Account Managers to ensure the customers’ needs and expectations are centered in the overall value proposition.
• Develop sales initiatives to protect and grow our Chemistry and IA business
• Develop and implement plans for strategic automation accounts
• Build long term relationships with key management within customer accounts
• Develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels
• Coordinate team activities while minimizing sales and marketing costs and maximizing sales
• Lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions and competitive activity
• Drive the sales cycle within the sales team to capture and close opportunities with a sense of urgency
• Provide customer presentations articulating the value proposition of the proposed product/solution/service offerings
• Own the process for workflow engagements, site visits and VIPS
• A minimum of 60% travel is required throughout assigned territory
• Has an expert-level ability to present the workflow advantages of the total Siemens solution (automation, IT, analytical systems & assays) to the large IDN/ACO/multi-site customer
• Effectively articulate the buying drivers of the large IDN/ACO/multi-site customer, as well as the effects of Healthcare Reform on this market segment
• Demonstrate ability in field-level financial acumen
• Will serve as the end-to-end project leader for multi-site automation engagements, from strategic planning through installation, implementation and post “go-live” customer business review
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
of BA/BS degree in medical health sciences (Medical Technology, biology,
clinical Chemistry, etc.) or in business or marketing
• 5+ years of field sales experience with proven track record in medical capital equipment sales
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in accountability and customer communications
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in interpersonal communications
• Excellent and demonstrated presentation skills
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in MS software applications
• Excellent multi-tasking, listening and attention to detail skills are essential
• Excellent teamwork and territory management skills are critical
• Requires a clean driving record over the last 3 years.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Laboratory automation capital equipment in an executive-level customer base and a proven track record in capital sales. Candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Siemens and competitive laboratory automation and laboratory information technologies.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.