Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
As a contributor to the Power Technologies International (PTI) Power System Consulting group part of the Digital Grid business Unit of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division, you will be accountable to plan, scope, execute, schedule, resource, and directly contribute to the successful completion of Power System Studies and projects.
The core responsibilities of a Power System Consultant include the management and the performance of consulting activities to deliver cost-effective transmission, distribution and industrial systems studies. In this role, it is crucial for the consultant to develop and maintain a strong relationship with our customers through active and confident communication. The successful candidate requires superior problem-solving skills enabling quality and accuracy in a project environment. Attention to detail is a success factor.
- Effectively manage, lead and conduct transmission, distribution and industrial system studies within time and budget constraints while managing potential scope change
- Assist in business development and technical marketing of consulting services for new business
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables with Management Consulting and Business Developers
- Assist/Lead proposal development and respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Provide direct customer support as required for Business Development or scope delivery
- Develop comprehensive project plans, manage project budgets, scope and resources while accurately tracking costs associated with projects
- Track and monitor progress of active projects while providing regular feedback to clients
- Provide direction and support to project teams as required
- Prepare study reports and other technical documentations as individual contribution
- Ensure compliance in completion and delivery of reports
What will you need to succeed?
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering with a Power Systems focus is required
- Minimum of 3 years' working experience in transmission, distribution and industrial system studies
- Experience in performance in at least 2 of the following power system studies is required
- Steady-state and dynamic analysis
- Integration of renewable energy and distributed generation
- Electromagnetic transient (EMT) studies
- Smart grid design and implementation
- Strong knowledge with commercial software, PSS®E, PSCAD is required
- Experience with other engineering software such as EMTP-RV, DigSilent, PSLF, CYMDIST, ETAP, ASPEN is an asset
- Experience in Transmission and Distribution systems and Consulting Projects for Utilities, ISO’s, TSO’s and Industrial systems preferred
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages (FORTRAN, Python, C++, etc) is an asset
- Strong written and spoken English is required
- Additional languages such as Spanish, French, German are assets
- Experience in consulting services is an asset
- Knowledge of the Electricity Utility Sector, Smart Grid and Smart Grid technologies is a great asset
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.