Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Smart Infrastructure:
As the Service Coordinator you will schedule and dispatch electrical services field technicians to expertly address customer issues on site. You will also assist technicians with follow-up requests for any additional dispatching support.
- Serves as a main point of contact for service customers to ensure expectations are met.
- Handles incoming customer service requests via the phone or email, resulting in a service work order to begin the scheduling and dispatching process.
- Orders and tracks parts and sub-contractors in support of maintenance plans and service calls.
- Utilizes the SAP service platform to generate, schedule, dispatch and close out work orders.
- Proactively follows-up with customers after completion of services to ensure a high level of satisfaction with quality of work received.
- Supports projects and service with logistics activities aimed at increasing customer satisfaction and ensuring the success of the project through accurate and on-schedule material supply.
- Performs logistics activities in order to guarantee an economical and on-schedule delivery of materials as defined by job or project schedule.
- Owns the process of internal material requisitioning utilizing all relevant logistics data and options in order to minimize transport and handling costs in balance with optimal installation efforts.
- Coordinates, communicates and maintains all dates and information from internal suppliers, project procurement, transport providers, and service providers for the entire supply chain process in order to ensure an accurate, on schedule and economical process. Ensures availability of information to the project team regarding disposition of materials during transport.
- Creates and coordinates corrective actions needed to ensure materials arrive on site in line with installation schedule. Creates efficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability based on the needs of the project supply concept in order to provide an assured data and information base for project planning.
- Documents and processes complaints or transport damages with responsible partners (Warehouse Team, Procurement, Insurance, Project Controlling, Quality, Project Management) in order to secure any recourse claims and to take further measures.
- Collaborates with partners in order to distribute all relevant information and to stay informed and keep others informed to ensure optimized supply. Supports any return of materials in excess to relevant suppliers in order to recoup money on projects (reduce slip and increase profit).
- May handle Support of Tender Preparation as well as Supplier evaluation together with Sales, Project Management, Procurement and others within Supply Chain Logistics. Provides support, information, prioritization and coordination of activities and resources across branches, the National Operations Center and Digital Service Center.
- Schedules and dispatches activities and resources to execute Service Agreements and customer requests.
- Schedules and dispatches resources to meet customer expectations based upon nature of call, urgency, contractual obligation, available resources and customer needs.
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- 2 – 5 years of experience in customer service call handling, dispatching and service response
- Good organization, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in LV and MV power distribution equipment
- Working knowledge of electrical power industry standards (IEEE, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, UL, etc.)
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Technical degree or Associates degree
- PMI CaPM or equivalent project management certification
- NICET or equivalent Electrical certification
- SAP experience
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.