About the position:
As part of the software sales team, the presales solutions consultant participates in the sales process to facilitate sales of software. The roles of the position are:
-Engaging with potential and existing customers to understand customer needs and high level requirements.
-Utilizing knowledge of customer business needs, engineering, and manufacturing processes, support product and solution positioning by preparing and delivering demonstrations of the technical capabilities of the proposed solutions to customers using standard material.
-Speak with authority on our customer's business issues, and how DISW can improve their business.
-Support the selection of appropriate suites of technology and proposal development for customer process improvement which ensure the interoperability and effectiveness of the overall solution within the context of the customer's business.
-Works on projects/assignments of diverse scope.
-Typically works under minimal supervision on assignment/projects.
Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW) Korea is looking for talented people to share in the MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) field, which is the core technology that will lead the development of future products such as automobiles, aviation, marine, and construction equipment. In the MBSE field of DISW, experts from technical research centers in France, the United States, Belgium, and India are leading the technology through collaboration, and these experts will raise the necessary technical capabilities of the invited talent to a world-class level.
As part of the major work of MBSE technology dissemination, the major work of invited talent is Mechatronic System Simulation analysis technology support.
The main software (hereinafter referred to as S/W) is Simcenter Amesim, an MBSE platform provided by DISW.
Presales Solutions Consultant participates in the product sales process as a member of the S/W sales team. We meet existing and potential customers to identify high-level requirements, prepare and deliver a demonstration of the proposed technology to support product and solution positioning. We coordinate our customers' business issues with their superiors and show them how DISW can improve business through the company's core values.
The invited talent will usually be undertaken on mid-range projects and assignments, and will be directed by a senior manager.
What are my responsibilities?
1. Solution Consulting:
• Under some supervision, gather high level customer business and technical requirements,
understand existing information technology infrastructure and determine customers business needs
• Under some supervision, support the selection of appropriate suites of technology and proposal
development for customer solution process improvement which ensure the interoperability and
effectiveness of the overall solution within the context of the customer's business.
• Contributes to sales pursuit milestones.
• Build and deliver DISW project pilot environments.
• Contribute to the response to customer Requests for Proposals / Requests for Information, as part
of selling efforts.
• Capture and communicate customer, industry and sales needs to marketing and product development.
2. Demonstration and Positioning Technology:
• Utilizing knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes,
industry best practices and competitive differentiation, prepare and deliver demonstrations of DISW
products and solutions to customers in support of selling efforts.
• Educate customers on the features, functions, and business benefits of DISW products and
solutions, and answer questions on capabilities and usage and solve sales and customer problems.
• Support efforts to improve relationships with important customers.
• Build relationships with other PreSales employees, and partners.
• Communicate industry and solution requirements to product development.
• Interface with the implementation / project team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure
smooth transition from Sale to Delivery.
4. Knowledge Sharing:
• Build local internal knowledge Network
• Be the Subject Matter Expert for PLM technical solutions for one solution domain
• Communicate sales, presales and customers’ needs to other internal organizations such as
operations management, product development and marketing.
• Contribute to the plan, definition, adjustment, build & delivery of PreSales Standard improvements
/Know How regarding (Sub-Domain Value Argumentation and/or Industry/Process Best Practices)
• Support the organizational culture, values and reputation in company markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
• Record expenses in an accurate and timely manner
• Uphold the professional integrity of Siemens at all times
• Upholds and enforces Siemens compliance guidelines at all times
• Adhere to all Siemens Health and Safety policies
• Adhere to, and promote all core internal and customer processes relating to the effective undertaking of the role
• Ensure that all communication channels within the business are adhered to.
• Provide input, where appropriate to team meetings.
• Undertake any business administration in line with job activity.
• Undertake any other duties required by the company.
● Key Qualifications
• Educational background in Engineering field. (Master’s Degree or PhD is preferred)
• Major in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics is preferred. (Motor, Battery, Electrical Systems, Mechanics, Control, etc)
• At least 3 years experiences in similar position and/or in the field of System Simulation.
• Experience in Mechatronic System Simulation in the automotive/electronics/aviation/construction equipment field is plus.
• Industrial experience in manufacturing company is plus.
• Knowledge in xILS.
• Knowledge in Simulink / Python.
• Good communication to both internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent team player
• Excellent communication in English (written and oral).
• The candidate must be dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and autonomous.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time