Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states begin to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also handle existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is at the forefront of this revolution! Today, we work with transportation systems operators, traffic management and engineering staff, emergency support personnel, and city planners not only to manage their existing traffic infrastructure and assets, but also to plan for the future. We help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control and Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS).
Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators maintain control; from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with meaningful information about road and traffic conditions. We are industry leaders in implementing connected vehicle solutions (V2X) and Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
We are seeking an ITS industry Business Leader to be responsible for the profitable growth of the Mobility ITS business in the United States who will lead the development and execution of the unit’s long-range plans and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Head of ITS will perform the following duties personally or through subordinate staff:
- Guide and direct the development of strategic plans for ITS and its Portfolio units to sell ITS products, systems, and services throughout the U.S. and in cooperation with sister companies internationally.
- Communicate plans and develop remedial actions to maximize economic growth and value to the company.
- Communicate the company’s mission, vision, values and strategies both internally and externally ensuring that employees and customers understand how they contribute or benefit.
- Closely monitor results and ensure implementation of revisions to strategies to guarantee the ITS goals are met.
- Ensure that process and financial controls are established and effective in all business unit operations to monitor and assure consistent quality performance in production, purchasing, sales, project execution, personnel, and marketing.
- Monitor the results of comprehensive business development and marketing programs of the business unit’s products, systems and services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with appropriate Siemens entities as well as external contacts, such as customers, suppliers, trade associations and appropriate government and community organizations.
- Develops and positions competencies and expertise within the marketplace to be recognized as an industry thought leader.
- Develop high potential personnel to fuel the company’s revenue and improve profitability.
- Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Develop and install procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal/national regulations and laws governing business operations.
This position requires a demonstrated record of operational accomplishments from a multi-product, systems integration environment in the ITS industry. Specific qualifications include:
- A graduate degree and ideally a combination of business and technical credentials are desirable
- An excellent proven track record of leadership with ten or more years of management experience in the intelligent traffic industry including at least five years of profit and loss responsibility.
- Demonstrated compelling results broadening existing and developing new markets and satisfying customers.
This position requires:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a dynamic personality needed to effectively interface with
- people at all levels within the company, customer base and community.
- A reputation for integrity and a management style that is collaborative and will gain quick acceptance by others, both inside and outside the organization.
- Able to challenge the status quo using a collaborative balance and networked approach to expand and maximize company results.
- Multi-tasking skills and flexibility for focusing upon the immediate needs of the company while simultaneously planning for the organization’s growth and evolutions.
- Volume of $100M per annum
- 300 employees
- Mobility ITS
- Bid and Project Management; Portfolio Unit Management; Strategic Procurement; Engineering; Product Development; Digital Lab
Relative Internal Peer Group:
- USA Business Unit Heads/CFO/Department Heads
- Global Division President/CFO
- Global Business Unit Heads/CFO/Department Heads
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.