With over 2,400 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
We are looking for a Leading R&D Engineer who will contribute to the development and numerical modelling of advanced industrial alloys and processes (digital twin concept). Having out-of-the-box thinking on this position you will be able to fulfill your interest in applied research and will have a chance to implement your ideas into business of Siemens.
What are my responsibilities?
- Research and development in the area of advanced industrial materials & manufacturing processes
- Development and implementation of digital twin concept applied to material microstructure and properties prediction along the manufacturing chain
- Support on-going R&D activities with material science expertise
- Development of innovative ideas and their implementation
- Coordination of research projects with universities
- Interaction with local and international partners
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- MSc in Materials Science/Metallurgical Engineering or similar, PhD is preferable
- Deep knowledge in materials science, solid state physics and mechanics, structure-property correlations
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing technologies (casting, welding, additive manufacturing etc.) and corresponding materials related topics
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in simulations of microstructure and material’s properties/performance (for metals & alloys)
- Experience with CALPHAD and kinetic calculations (JMatPro, Thermo-Calc, MatCalc, TC-Prisma)
- Demonstrated excellence in research through peer reviewed publications
- Good communication skills, team player
- Creativity and self-learning abilities
- Fluent written and verbal English to interact with global partners is a must
Would Be Beneficial
- Experience with finite element method
- Skills in programming (i.e. Python)
- Research background in Ni- and Ti- based alloys
- Experience of working in international environment
What else do I need to know?
- Corporate medical insurance
- Corporate trainings
- Fitness compensation
- Lunch compensation
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time