The Transmission systems need to live up to new challenges in the wake of decarbonization, decentralization, and digitalization. High-voltage direct current (HVDC) technology offers the most efficient means of transmitting large amount of power over long distances, help connect green power to the grid, and stabilize three-phase-grids. Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) are the perfect solution for increasing the reliability of AC grids, improving power quality, and boosting transmission efficiency.
We are tasked with the design and development of tools and utilities as part of a heterogeneous application engineering ecosystem for the HVDC and FACTS domain. The department is heavily invested in the area of software platform architecture, development and digitalization to empower our engineering teams to deliver customer projects as fast and reliable as possible.
Energy Transmission Solutions - What do we offer?
- You will be part of a highly professional team, working with future driven technologies on innovative software products.
- Close collaboration between colleagues, also remotely through video calls and dashboard tools.
- Besides an agile, vibrant working environment and many more benefits, you will have a chance to grow with the product
Your new role
- The agile conception and piloting of application ideas as solution-oriented to minimum viable products will be part of your responsibility
- The are for which you are responsible are application building blocks for your own business as well as for customer-oriented commercial cloud-based services.
- Seamless cooperation with colleagues from the operational business, service, research and development department, the dev-ops team, customers, as well as, if required, execution and responsibility of development projects with external software service providers is required.
- You act as an interface to dedicated application developers, with whom you define concepts and requirements and functionalities for applications, and control and monitor the development progress.
- In this way, you will play a key role in defining and driving the digitalization strategy and digital roadmap of the Transmission Solutions division in order to realize the resulting opportunities for medium and long-term business success for our power transmission business.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computational Science or similar
- Several years of practical experience in application development (web applications, mobile applications on Android and iOS) in the cloud environment
- You have successfully completed several cloud projects on public and hybrid cloud platforms and are able to design and implement suitable cloud architectures, either alone or in a team.
- Fluent in English , both spoken and written
- Initiative, problem-solving ability and pleasure in agile, cross-team collaboration with a wide variety of colleagues and customers in a newly emerging and to be defined business area
- Excitement to use your skills to change the field of global energy transmission
We’re Siemens, a collection of great minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us!
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The division in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time