Siemens Mobility Customer
Services is a fast-growing business with a backlog of > $1 Billion. To
execute this backlog on highest performance levels and to ensure constant
growth, Siemens is looking for highly motivated and competent individuals.
The Project Manager – for a significant full maintenance contract will be located in customer’s facilities in West Palm Beach and Orlando, FL. However, our Support functions are across North America. This means you will cooperate with the central functions like Engineering, Procurement, etc. in Sacramento while responsible for the local project and maintenance team which is working at the customers location. Your Project scope is centered around full maintenance services, accident repairs and overhauls on Locomotives and Coaches.
To ensure customer and organizational success, Siemens is interested in adding a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and self-driven experienced Project Manager who has managed complex projects before.
The successful candidate is
capable of leading a cross functional team in a matrix organization and
interact in a professional way with our customers.
This successful Project Manager will be responsible for full maintenance services, which includes accident repairs, maintenance and overhaul of our customers equipment within a performance regime assuring the highest availability and reliability of the fleet.
We engage in long term
partnerships with Customers in which we jointly work providing excellent
operational performance. |
The Project Manager is the main interface to the customer and is the customer’s advocate within Siemens.
Within Customer Services we can offer to the successful candidate a career path as we grow and obtain further opportunities
The Project Manager will lead and drive the successful project execution and the success will be measured on quality, availability and reliability achievements as well as customer success and financial results.
The responsibilities are included but are not limited to the following:
- Takes initiative and manages the project as an entrepreneur
- Owns Profit and Loss and overall responsibility on project results (e.g. budget, quality, schedule, EHS)
- Holds regular project status meetings and organizes acceptance of milestone work results
- Manages all maintenance issues in close collaboration with the Maintenance Manager
- Is responsible for quality, EHS for the entire project
- Actively gathers information on the customer and customer's strategies and manages requirements and targets
- Represents the project in Business Reviews internally and externally to senior management
- Lives full responsibility for the financial results according to set targets and optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and project related assets
- Agrees targets with project staff and delegates defined work packages
- Takes responsibility for own and supports team-members' work life balance
- Supports team-members' personal development (eg. Employee evaluation process)
- Demonstrates leadership to functionally assigned intercultural staff, agrees targets and delegates accordingly
- Fosters ownership culture within the project team
- Holds and seeks actively feedback (e.g. team members, managers, customers)
Manages the contract, stakeholders, risks and opportunities, supported and in close collaboration with the assigned Commercial Project Manager and maintains a close collaboration with him/her
Manages Customer requirements and expectations, builds relationships and communicates with customer's senior representatives and manages solving of issues, providing win-win solutions
Assures compliance to standards, rules and regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Knowledge and experience in railroad applicable law and regulations preferred
· At least 8 years of experience in a Project Management ideal in an industrial environment.
· Senior Project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
· Demonstrated technical experience and proven history of successfully managed projects
· Demonstrable entrepreneurial performance
· Project Management certification is a significant advantage
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.