Siemens is looking for an energetic Junior Web/Automation Development Engineer who will be responsible for the development and continued support of software solutions applications. This person will not be putting together network architecture, this person will receive a workload from the manager then this person will execute.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie, TX plant is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Assisting in the development and maintaining of software solutions for Siemens LP products.
• Involved in the development and maintenance of process and workflow systems for Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Communicates effectively with all levels.
• Create and maintain an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment.
• Complete all projects in a timely manner.
• Participates in the continuous improvement of the department or group standards.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
2. Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, VS Code, Industrial Automation, MS-SQL, Microsoft Office.
3. Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
5. Ability to work as part of a team.
6. Good verbal and written communication skills.
7. Continued desire to increase technical knowledge.
8. Complete Object-Oriented programming understanding.
9. Web Development experience or Automation Systems Development experience
Required for Web Development:
• Stacks: ReactJS or AngularJS
• Full stack web developer
Required for Automation Systems Development:
• SCL or equivalent Object-Oriented language
• Drives/Motor Control Understanding and/or Medium to Low Voltage Controls Understanding.
• Visualization/SCADA experience such as WinCC or Wonderware.
• GIT Repository Management.
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
Not required but would be a plus:
• Experience with VB, C++, C#, Python.
• Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
• Experience in the design of electrical power control circuits.
• Experience Adobe Illustrator or vector-based drawing software.
• Industrial Protocol understanding such as Modbus and PROFINET.
• Good understanding or Power Distribution Systems
• Drives/Motor Control Understanding and/or Medium to Low Voltage Controls Understanding
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.