Siemens Mobility is seeking a Project Manager- Change Engineering to support the ongoing process to align with emerging needs and to ensure all project stakeholders are adapting to upgrades, modifications and other development throughout the
• The Project Manger- Change Engineering reports to the Project Director and works with Project Managers, Engineering, Production, and Commissioning personnel to ensure that changes are effectively and economically implemented.
• Responsible for the control and efficient management of all aspects of Light Rail project product related change.
• Manages, coordinates, and tracks all aspects of engineering and production changes in a project. Sets priorities for all steps of the change process.
• Communicates vital information between departments and data management systems. Responsible for managing the overall change processes and procedures for all Light Rail projects. Tracks the implementation of the design changes throughout the relevant departments. Responsible for the close cooperation between the engineering team and the manufacturing team to ensure efficient design change execution.
• Responsible for the execution of the entire product change process from engineering change release to completion of all changes on the product. Coordinates the requests, creation, approval, release, and implementation of product changes.
• Understands the content, impact and priority of product changes in order to prioritize changes based on the impact to production, suppliers, and the schedule.
• Tracks the release and implementation status of all product changes and associated rework instructions. Monitors the effects of product changes on design and material availability. Manages and tracks the configuration of the product.
• Supports the coordination of product changes both in the factory and in the field.
• Reports the status of product changes, implementation, material impacts, and product configuration to management on a regular basis.
• Acts as technical resource for commissioning site leads.
• Change Manager ensures that manufacturing problems become engineering change requests (ECR’s) and when necessary become engineering change orders (ECO’s) and field modification instructions (FMI’s).
• Attends shop floor meetings as necessary to maintain awareness of production issues.
• Validates that a change makes economic sense. (DTC measures/ positive ROI)
• Leads Engineering Change Board as necessary.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related field and 2 years of experience in the job offered or in an acceptable alternate occupation.
• Advanced knowledge of product detail design for light rail; experience with Engineering computer design software (Pro-E/ Creo, PDMLink, ProductView)
• Experience with SAP and JD Edwards software; and familiarity in general with databases (design and use).
• Approximately 5 to 10% travel required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles, heavy machinery or similar industries.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.