Senior Legal Counsel – Special law (TRANSACTIONS AND LITIGATION) - Siemens Ltd
We demonstrate our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality, and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
Responsible for litigation and commercial contracts and providing general commercial legal advice to the management and business units. The role will also involve aspects of employment law; regulatory and compliance issues; framing company policies; and real estate. Independently handling all aspects of the work assigned.
Work shall include providing legal support for Siemens Limited, India and other legal entities.
Come, Change the future with us!
- You will be responsible for independently managing, advising, and strategizing for all litigations (civil and criminal) and the dispute resolution process. Appointing, coordinating, and strategizing with external lawyers across the country. Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings and represent the company in legal proceedings through external lawyers.
- Drafting, reviewing agreements, creating standard templates of agreements, purchase orders and specialized topics. Conducting trainings on specialized topics for business colleagues, business legal counsel and corporate departments. Drafting, negotiating and reviewing of a wide range of domestic and international commercial contracts (including NDAs, consortium agreements, pre-bid agreements, supply and purchasing agreements, work contracts, framework agreements, service level agreement, government contracts etc.) with large public and private customers, as well as suppliers and subcontractors.
- You will be providing legal advice including general commercial legal advice and legal opinions on specific topics to the management and interacting with management for this purpose. Providing legal advice and rendering legal support to all business units, business legal counsels, group companies, corporate departments like procurement, CSR, IT, communications, human resources, compliance. Protecting the company against legal risks and violations.
- Your role would also time to time include the guiding management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations which will includes to develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies. Draft, modify and implement company policies, collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to supervise enforcement of standards and regulations; review the work of colleagues when necessary, to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training; to keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving standard methodologies in compliance control; and Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- You will be involved in policy making decisions of the Company. Designing and overseeing the company’s policy and position on legal matters and knowledge management. Real estate documentation and advice.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with a winning attitude!
- You have Law degree from a reputed law college in India or from international college.
- You bring more than 10 years of PQE in legal department. Preferably worked with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners. Independently handling litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts and providing legal advice on commercial and other laws.
- Good Legal writing skills (English), legal research, a problem-solving approach and a dedicated attitude.
Make your mark in the & exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. This role is with Siemens Ltd.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one day at a time in 200 countries. Last but not the least we're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time