In our projects we support applying of the best practices for software
development. As our products are safety related, test automation is one of
We are looking for a tester for smart buildings projects with HW affinity.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Test specification of system and solution level test cases for fire detection systems based on requirements and feature description of expected functionality
- Test execution of manual system and solution level test cases
- Understanding the functionality of low-level firmware and embedded software
- Understanding HW related functionality and expected effects, away of the pure software aspect of testing
- Scripting of automated test cases based on existing manual test cases at system and solution level
- Writing of defects with specific failure information to enable implementation of bug fixes
- Verification of solved defects
- Direct communication with developers to support reproducibility and analysis of defects
- Collaboration in planning of test activities within the agile planning context
- Freestyle testing based on gathered knowhow and experience.
- Good understanding of testing principles (preferable ISTQB certified tester)
- Scripting or basic/intermediate application programming skills
- Electronics know-how on a basic / intermediate level
- Know-how of test and defect management tools (preferable Jazz environment)
- Know-how on agile practices (preferably on SAFe framework)
- “Hands-on” personality, somebody who can also setup a complete HW infrastructure which fits specific testing needs, or is able to implement simple electronic circuitry needed for testing.
- Analytical skills to enable effective risk-based testing decisions
Company: Siemens s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time