During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a multifaceted and motivated intern for a period of 12 months to join the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ business line and assist in efforts for the Chemical & Process Industry anywhere in the UK or any city in Germany.
The main responsibilities of this position are split between business development, solution creation and collateral development. In this role, you will collaborate closely with a wide range of Partners and Simulation & Test Teams and you will have the opportunity to visit with and present to customers in the Chemical & Process Industry.
We are an open, collaborative team, with a focus on excellence. If you are forward-thinking with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software, join us and apply now!
Key Responsibilities and essential functions:
- Create examples, benchmarks and validations. This will convert the capabilities of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ into complete applications and solutions to address the current and future challenges in industry.
- Create, review and edit technical pre-sales and sales presentations, articles, blogs, customer success stories, case studies and social media posts.
- Assist in business development by conducting market analysis, customer value creation and value capture.
- Train the sales team on the value of modeling and simulation in the Chemical and Process Industry.
- Develop a network with academic groups and start-ups working in chemical and process-related research.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- Actively pursuing a MS or other advanced degree in Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical or related subject areas).
- Experience using numerical or solving industrial or research problems in the Chemical and Process Industry.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with applying principles of physics and computational solutions (CFD, DEM, structural mechanics, process simulation) for a wide range chemical and process applications.
- Knowledge of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a plus.
We are Siemens
We proud ourselves of having created a flat organizational structure, work on exciting and ambitious projects for world-class clients and provide exciting career prospects.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time