Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Managements, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the work’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All Supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens Ultrasound is seeking a Human Factors Engineer to work in a collaborative team to facilitate the design, development, and testing of the digital with a focus on the physical ergonomics of our ultrasound product portfolio (systems, transducers, accessories, etc).
The Human Factors Engineer will contribute to a wide range of human factors initiatives within the organization. Moreover, this person will work cross functionally and with external vendors to create superior user experiences that result from careful attention to the design of physical systems and user interfaces based on human factors engineering and/or human factors psychology principles and user-centered design processes.
We are looking for a Human Factors/ Usability professional that is passionate about delivering safe and effective product to our users. You will apply HF principles and methods for user research, design, and evaluation during all phases of the product development process. Your responsibility includes ensuring designs, methods, and processes comply with guidelines and standards issued by regulatory and standards organizations (e.g., FDA, IEC 62366-1, 60601, ISO 14971). This is an individual contributor role in which you will work on cross-functional teams and be responsible for the human factors activities of several concurrent projects. Interpersonal relationships are important as you collaborate closely with other disciplines across the organization.
Join a team of creative, user-focused enthusiasts from a variety of disciplines and help us expand the use of life-saving visualization tools around the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in Human Factors Psychology/Engineering, Kinesiology, Usability Engineering, Physical Ergonomics, or an adjacent field of study with a concentration in human factors/man-machine interface/ergonomics.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in physical ergonomic design/evaluation. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience.
- Must have awareness of applying human factors standards and guidance to new product development within a regulated industry, preferably the medical device industry for at least Class II devices.
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience evaluating and designing to mitigate ergonomic risks using tools such as EMG, RULA, RCRA, etc. Preference given for experience with Human Motion Simulation tools.
- Experience with all aspects of human factors practice including performing heuristic evaluations, developing research plans and test protocols, conducting formative and summative usability testing research, and documentation
- Support the examination and analysis of use errors in terms of both usability and risk factors for both existing and new products and services
- Work independently to take design from engineering requirements to detailed user interface (UI) specifications
- Preference given for CPE certification, but other certifications such as CIE, COESp, CEES, or equivalent certifications are desirable.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.