We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
The digitalization of buildings is in full progress and led to a stronger position and higher recognized value of software, and especially cloud solutions for the future of building products. The initial phases of setting up basic cloud offerings and connecting buildings were successfully mastered and thus our teams focus now on the next levels of improving and growing offerings within a service-oriented eco-system. The latter is in the responsibility of a global cloud architecture team that drives ideas formulated as portfolio epics to globally deployed cloud services.
Your new responsibilities
This challenging role within the cloud architecture team has a clear focal point: leadership in driving our approach for deploying, integrating, and operating our cloud services around the globe and around the clock. The responsibility covers the full range from understanding requirements from product management via selecting technologies and defining processes of the solution to implement the solution with all globally distributed teams or suppliers. You will work at the forefront of cloud offerings in an industrial environment for connecting existing products and new innovative products into a cloud environment.
Technology and Innovation
- Responsible for leading the cloud deployment architecture in an industrial application domain for building automation as part of the architecture team
- Responsible for identifying technological advancements, gaps and risks that could impact future strategies and financial aspects of our solutions and lead change to react accordingly.
- Responsible for the development of problem domain and solution domain architectures aligned with business strategies and requirements.
- Elaborate and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management
- Act as the devops leader with respect to technologies, process, or tools.
- Drive and govern the implementation of deployment pipelines and devops automation
- Develop, communicate and document your solutions within a global program and with various stakeholders
- Inspire others and be pragmatically oriented.
- Energize teams and implement organizational and behavioral changes, collaborate, coach and mentor.
- Create and maintain a large network across many business and R&D stakeholders in Zug and in other development centers.
Your skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional software and system architect with proven experience in applying cloud concepts and technologies to offer business application at a larger scale. This includes providing a devops environment for various internal or external teams, automating the related processes, as well as supporting a 24/7 operations. Additionally, the candidate is used to take the lead in continuously improving those aspects with an agile mindset, as well as to working with agile processes (SAFe framework).
- A successfully completed bachelor’s or master’s in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degree or practical experience).
- 5+ years of experience as system and software architect in a large, agile environment
- A solid background in software engineering, devops practices, and deployment architectures
- Several years of practical experience with cloud technologies with a focus on deployment, security, and operations
- In-depth experience with services of major cloud platforms (ideally includes AWS services), container orchestration (e.g., managed Kubernetes), and pipeline management (e.g., Gitlab, Terraform)
- Experience in building automation, Internet or Web of Things (IoT/WoT) would be of advantage
- We look in this strategically important position for a person willing to go the extra mile.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking
- Ability to contribute and collaborate in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to map system concepts onto realizable technologies or solutions.
- Great skill in clearly communicating complex facts to various stakeholders and choosing adequate documentation styles.
- Highly proficient English spoken and written completes your personal profile, speaking German is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either