Siemens Industry is looking for a Bid Coordinator to support the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD, markets. This person will support the sales team in the aforementioned geography. The successful candidate will review requests from customers, sales engineers, and other bid coordinators. They will also work with the business unit. This person reports to the Sales Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!.
• Distribute Bid List – Generate the bid list from SieSales and send it to team as well as distribution partners.
• Manage SieSales – Drive team to use the SieSales and keep their opportunities updated. Keep all other information within SieSales up to date.
• Bid Meetings – Schedule bid meetings per the manager’s instructions. Facilitate the meeting by reviewing the open SieSales opportunities.
• Strive to bid over $4M in quotes in a given month in the first year.
• Bid Coordinator is responsible for getting Buyout Quotes from MAP group.
• Monitor and track relevant bid opportunities
• Review and summarize bid request documents (RFPs, RFQs etc.) to share pertinent information with the wider team
• Coordinate schedules and approvals for actions supporting bid opportunities
• Use problem solving skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in order to ensure timely completion of bids
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- Proposal creation/bid coordinator or estimating experience preferred.
- Knowledge of low/medium voltage products.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly.
- Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines.
- Responsive with a sense of urgency to ensure project continues to move forward.
- Strong relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
- Ability to maturely handle confidential issues with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently as all as in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.