Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio; hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our Smart Infrastructure Managed Service as the project Manager – ELV Systems and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
In this role you will lead high-performance ELV Project Management in Qatar. The Position holder will manage large, sophisticated jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Your responsibilities include:
- Supervise, direct, and empower the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects
- Ensure customer happiness during and at final project completion
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout
- Assist in project development / analyze scope of work / follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope
- Lead the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team and the subcontractors. Monitor progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan
- Prepare and lead all aspects of preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to run and contain costs. Develop a cost control plan with team members and management to supervise, handle and control costs. Responsible for preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare and coordinate subcontractor scope of work. Acquire subcontractor bids. Evaluate subcontractor proposals with the development team members. Selects reliable subcontractors to provide electrical, plumbing, lighting, mechanical, niche construction or other services
- Coordinate resources (internal and external such subcontractors) to complete a successful start–up and commissioning of the systems to the end user
- Participate in job site final walk-through and run the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or return excess materials; final billings, collections and payments; and all project records
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field
- Proven Experience in Building Management System (BMS), Lighting control System (LCS), Fire systems, Security Systems (CCTV and Access control), other ELV systems such as, GRMS Intercom, Structured Cabling etc.
- PMP Certified or PM@ Siemens shall be obtained within one year of start of employment
- Solid understanding of ELV industry fundamentals and business operations
- Excellent contracting skills: An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in handling assigned projects
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous project management experience in ELV systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, MS Project and Excel, PM tools
- Detail orientated, having the ability to manage multiple projects with potentially changing deadlines
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time