Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Media and Training Design Intern.
This is a role well suited to an aspiring professional, looking for a career development project with real responsibility. As a Media and Training Design Intern:
- You will support the development of materials and resources to enable IT employees (e.g., process owners and topic owners and subject matter experts) to create effective and engaging training materials.
- You will research and present concepts and methodologies for training materials and content creation.
- You will support the development of resources to make these concepts a reality for use by IT employees.
- You will coordinate with colleagues in the department to best understand the needs of the IT employees.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers:
- You have completed at least two years of study in Communication Design or Media Design or Industrial & Organizational Psychology or other related field.
- You are interested in instructional design theories and techniques and eager to learn more.
- You have excellent skills with respect to MS Office applications like PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel and have skills with excellent skills with image and video editing software (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Camtasia or other); e-learning authoring tool (Articulate, Adobe Captivate, or other).
- You have knowledge of basic interactional design, design composition and color theory, learning theory, instructional design.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- You like to work in a team and prefer to collaborate for best results, particularly in a self-directed team setting.
- You are determined, proactive, engaged and able to work independently to drive tasks until completed.
- You ask questions to further understand a task or topic and you offer ideas for improvement or solution.
- You are interested in working with international colleagues and other students.
- Must be a rising junior/senior or Master’s student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment if necessary
- Must have availability to work part-time during the academic year (up to 20 hours/week) and full-time in the summer (up to 40 hours/week and if internship is extended)
Start Date: November 2020; 6-month duration, with possibility of extension.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.