Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad proficiencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.We make real what matters. This is your role
You will be responsible for the following activities as Traction Transformer Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Preparation of General Arrangement, Bill of materials and submission to customer as per project schedule.
- Design Rolling stock traction transformers (Loco & EMU) order and tender designs in coordination with the Marketing and Sales.
- Responsible for development of various application transformers designs in coordination with global factory based on the purchase order requirements, ordering specification in different areas of transformer mechanical design.
- Influence specification at the tender and pre-tender stage, through conceptual discussions.
- Coordinating design activities within a Global factories network.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews.
- Understanding of Transformer Tank, connection, Core assembly, Thermal, Dielectrics, cooling calculations and sound performance and transformer mechanics.
- Experience in Simulation on software like Creo or Inventor and Auto Cad.
- Experience on Microsoft office tools, SAP and CAD management tools Vault and Agile.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years’ experience working in Mechanical design for Railway Traction Transformers Rolling stock manufacturing industry.
- Good communication skills in English Language in oral and written form.
- He / She will be desired to coordinate / vet the designs on global platform internally and always upgrade to the latest technology.
- Soft skills would be an added advantage as the designer will have to coordinate with internal / external customer.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Kalwa, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time