Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
- Follow documented procedures such as, Engineering Manufacturing Procedures (EMP), workmanship standards and drawing
- Read and understand bill of material to ensure accurate assembly of product.
- Identify parts, program eproms, assembly, inspect and test products/parts per applicable work center
- Meet or exceed quality and productivity expectations
- Per work center, solder/desolder product/parts to company standards.
- Cut components, cut strip wire/cable for the assembly process
- Operate various hand tools and machines i.e. drill press, sandblaster, PEM nut inserter, chemical dispenser.
- Adhere to all company health and safety rules and regulations including WHMIS.
- Data entry in SAP (i.e. item master, job fields, etc.) as required
- Adhere to company housekeeping practices and policies.
- Provide co-operation in response to the company’s customer service needs.
- Demonstrates good communication and team skills with management and fellow employees.
- Identify Continuous Improvement ideas to improve the outcome of manufacturing processes, efficiency, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction.
What will you need to succeed?
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing /assembly experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to recognize potential production issues and to effectively assembly product for Radar, etc.
- Excellent dexterity skills when assembling product
- Minimun IPC Class 3 hand soldering skills when assembling product in various work centers.
- Experience with safe working practices (i.e. handling chemicals, WHMIS, etc.).
- Basic SAP knowledge or equivalent.
- Ability to read drawings to assist in production and manufacturing of customized products.
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills when working with the team to develop solutions to production issues.
- Ability to work with chemicals.
- Team focused and able to work under pressure to get the job done i.e meet customer order deadlines
- Ability to perform heavy lifting, bending, reaching, loading and moving of material/product when fulfilling day to day duties and responsibilities
- Posses a valid lift truck certificate with a satisfactory health and safety record, or be willing to obtain a forklift certificate
- Ability to work flexible work hours/shift work.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.