Project Management Student Internship
Location: State College, PA, Seattle, WA
Start Date: January 2021
Hours: Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
In this position, you will get the opportunity to:
- Learn about Project Management and Commercial Software Development
- Hands-on experience with software development tools, project management methodology, business analytics, quality assurance, and change management
- Support project managers in managing schedules and milestones
- Assisting with documentation and project deliverables
- Identifying and managing constraints, risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies; documenting risk mitigation plans
- Coordinating activities between project team members and stakeholders
- Contribute to the reporting of project statuses
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Graduating in 2021 or later
- Collaborative and a team player
- Use strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in ways that foster trust and show flexibility.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office
- Easily adaptive to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to complete projects with limited supervision and able to take ownership
- Interested in technology and project management
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.