Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our SI RMA team as a Project Design Engineer and join the rapidly growing Project Solutions team in Qatar. The position is a temporary 1-year limited time contract - help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
You will be a Core Building Management System Project Engineer with a consistent track record in the design of Building Management systems, Automation Control Systems, Heating ventilation and Air-conditions controls and standalone control systems.
- The Project Design Engineer should have a sound knowledge on Designing and project engineering for the BMS business
- Expertise in Project engineering for core Building Automation control systems and Building Management systems is a must and additional skillsets on Lighting control systems, Guestroom management systems and related ELV systems for the integrations will be preferred
- Above all you will demonstrate good engineering skills, design skills and commercial acuity
- You will be responsible for the design and project engineering process on multiple projects depending on size, type and complexity
- The right person will apply sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of project documentation
- The perfect individual will show strong design knowledge in heating ventilation and Air-conditioning working operations, controls, sequences and operations. Knowledge in Executing electrical system and mechanical systems running concepts related to the Automation controls is a must
- The ideal individual will have the capability to make BMS designs with the right selection of the Controller, Sensors and Field components and craft the complete BMS system architecture
- The ability to prepare and generate Compliance statements for the BMS systems – Preparing justifications of the product selected, attending the workshops with the consultants and partners for the approval of the document
- We are looking for a specialist in – Cable Selections, Controller selections, Design reviews (with CAD shop drawings), system architectures, panel engineering and design documents
- We are looking for an individual to provide direct instructions, mentorship and oversight of all the tasks conducted by the support engineers, the CAD team and Planners assigned to conduct the respective projects
- You will develop the skills of junior and intermediate engineers and designers
- You will be able to grasp sophisticated concepts in limited time and make decisions while being mindful of long-term implications, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active manner
- Attend all coordination and progress meetings and present options and solutions as required
- You will have detailed knowledge of local authority requirements and regulations and can acquire project related approvals from the Client / Consultants
- The ideal candidate would have the acuity to prepare project plans, provide weekly / daily updates to the client and provide project progress reports and updates regularly
- You will collaborate closely with the procurement teams for ensuring the right engineered products are delivered with respect to customer timelines
- Knowledge on commercial costing for the estimate of the project design is essential as well as the ability to work on project cost variations and notices to clients - if required
Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Encouraged degree qualification in Electrical /Electronic or relevant
- 5 – 10 years validated ability in the field
- BMS project Management expertise required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a can-do demeanor
- A good level of digital literacy with experience in related ELV systems and concepts of the Integrated building systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications working mainly with Excel, word, PowerPoint and MS projects
- Validated understanding of document production using Autodesk software and knowledge of BIM tools is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good grasp of written and spoken English is important
- Good Communication skills with design teams (internal and external) is needed
- Valid Qatar Driving License will be an added advantage
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time