We are looking for a talented AWS Software Architect / Consultant who would like to join our Global Business Services team in Alpharetta, GA!
This person will work with external customers and/or internal consultants to turn web application specification into architecture to be deployed on the AWS cloud. The person occupying this role will act as a subject matter expert to recommend a suitable stack for a given project and help communicate this decision to other developers & project managers. After deciding on a stack, it will need to be deployed via CloudFormation template and supported through the development/support lifecycle.
Outside of the technical things, the right person will love collaborating and working with highly talent people from a variety of industries on small to medium sized projects and will come with a passion for using the latest technology!
In this role, you will:
- Consult with customers to understand business requirements
- Translate project requirements into AWS resources
- Create CloudFormation templates (ideally via TypeScript + the CDK) to provision needed resources for a project
- Design, deploy, and maintain multiple new stacks
- Maintain & modify several existing stacks
- Write backend code. E.g. Lambda functions in Node.
- Communicate technical details with other team members and assist them in interfacing with resources
- Act as a subject matter expert with our internal team and with customers
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS, especially Dynamo, RDS, Lambda, IAM and Cloud Formation
- Experience using CloudFormation templates, TypeScript and CDK preferred
- Experience communicating with customers and stakeholders and the ability to translate complex technical concepts into terms that non-technical people can understand
About Us Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 172 years. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in operating and strategic companies: Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Siemens Mobility, Siemens Gamesa, Siemens Healthineers & Siemens Energy. (see also https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about.html).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.