Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Developer (General / PEGA-ESB-Mobility) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This opportunity is home based therefore there is some flexibility on location however you would ideally be located within easy reach of our Nottingham office as you will be required to go into the office on occasion to meet the team and discuss projects.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us.
- Assist in production of low-level design specifications and elaborating upon requirements presented.
- Technically understand the BPM, Web/Mobility application estate and associated (Oracle) databases and identify impacts of change to the existing application set.
- Provide estimates of effort required for technical work items.
- Write Development Tickets and Unit Tests
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Provide release and configuration documentation upon completion
- Provide support to the test function for test and rectification work, handling defects and resolutions.
- Assist in production of automated test suites as well as change documentation and implementation plans
- Ensure code is delivered to time, cost, and quality without impact to solutions required.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Degree educated in a technical discipline, ideally Computer Science or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Advanced Web GUI skills (HTML5/CSS) or any exposure to AWS and BPM tooling, such as Pega would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of RESTful Web Services, and Web API technologies.
- Capable of defining and documenting functional and non-functional requirements related to product features, with associated test plans. Capable of review of such technical artefacts produced by others.
- Understanding of Agile vs Traditional programming methodologies.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Any exposure to Amazon Web Services, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Test Automation / Continuous Integration would be beneficial.
- Exposure to React.JS, Mocha, Chai would be viewed as beneficial but are not required.
- Good technical communication skills and a pragmatic approach to software delivery in a fast paced and challenging environment
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either