During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: Application Engineering Manager (PCB) - 223617
Job Location: US - Remote
Job Category: Engineering
We are seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced, fun and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on technical sales support of Mentor Graphics leading edge PCB Design, Analysis and Manufacturing solutions. This position can be located near a major city and airport.
This individual will work in both a pre and post-sales role, providing leadership and management for an AE team that is distributed across the US. Works closely with sales management to understand business opportunities and align the right technical resources to support sales engagements. Develops area technical plan with Sales Management and creates/reviews account technical plans for the area.
Coordinates/facilitates cross-territory account strategies and technical implementation of sales campaigns and initiatives. Works directly with customers as part of the sales team at the appropriate customer management to build relationships and establish success criteria for technical evaluations. In the case of resource/schedule conflicts, arbitrates based on business priorities and/or technical fit and works with peers to locate alternate resources.
Provides coaching and training to facilitate development of the AEs.
Monitors performance and drives achievement through the performance review process.
Ensures the team remains staffed to the planned headcount and ensures coverage for established as well as emerging products.
Communicates frequently with peers and Sales Management and Technical
Director on progress and account status.
The job requires as much as 25% travel.
As a Systems Application Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the following business conditions:
• Managing both pre-sales and post-sales technical support activities including uncovering of customer needs, assessment of how company products meet customer needs, preparation of product configuration proposals, and making recommendations on services and training.
• To work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities and then manage AE resources effectively to maximize the return on those business opportunities.
•To drive business for Mentor Graphics using your technical expertise and working directly with customers and customer management to understand their problems and how Mentor solution can address them. To assist the technical teams to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate them from the competition.
• May provide pre-sales technical support by delivering sales presentations and/or product demonstrations.
• Establishes and maintains lines of communication with division marketing and engineering on issues such as considerations for product roadmaps, functions, features and quality.
• Works with marketing and product managers to define new products and may provide insight from the field back to these groups.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the team.
• BSEE or BSCS or equivalent; MSEE preferred
• 12 + years of experience in the areas of PCB design and analysis
• Exposure to PCB manufacturing and the Design for Manufacture (DFM) process a plus
• Ability to lead teams effectively by adjusting the management style adopted to suit the needs of the individual/team
• Leading by example; displaying the attitude and skills that direct reports should aspire to
• Self-motivation and ability to motivate others towards results
• Ability to, and an interest in, managing performance to ensure optimal output/effectiveness
• Ability to articulate technical expertise in a broad range of products spanning a complete PCB design flow
• Ability to manage conflict across customers, divisions, sales channels and product management groups
• A mindset that embraces new learning experiences so that there can be flexibility to respond to organizational needs and changes
• A confident, results-focused communication style; a style that will win business
• Commercial awareness that yields the status of Trusted Advisors to direct reports, customers and prospects
• Results-orientation; is focused on getting the job done and ensuring others adopt the same mindset
• Knows when/who to call in for support so that opportunities are maximized
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.