The Siemens Mobility and Transport division provides integrated mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics transport. For the efficient transportation of passengers and goods, we combine specialization in automation and electrification by road and rail, rail vehicles, turnkey systems, consulting and consumer services.
We are looking for a Senior Railway Signalling Engineer (m/f/d):
What are my responsibilities?
To execute the tasks related to the Application of Mission Critical Safety Systems within the Rail Signalling Industry following the Quality, Safety, Health and Environment specifications and requirements established by the law or the client.
• To gather requirements from customer and negotiate best, suitable and improved solutions.
• To analysis of the requirements and evaluate design solutions for projects.
• To prepare technical specifications for complying with the requirements of Contract Projects with different levels of complexity.
• Implementing Technical solutions (HW, SW and Systems).
• To carry out internal lab tests and lab tests with the client.
• To carry out commissioning and testing on site.
• To write and develop hand books and to support Client with training sessions.
• To participate in maintenance activities: Event Resolutions and prepare reports over non critical events, when necessary.
• Planning and Management: Participate in the creation of the work plans he/she might be involved in.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or similar.
• 5 years experience within the Railways environment, MT/ML signalling projects.
• Fluent English skills.
• Availability for domestic and international travels.
• Flexibility to work during trials and commissioning periods when required.
• Experience and basic knowledge of project execution tools, ex. MS Project.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux, including clustering and high availability solutions (Heartbeat, Pacemak-er, RHCS).
• Previous experience and basic knowledge of Linux administration (RHEL/CentOS).
• Knowledge and previous experience developing in C and Java programming language.
• Previous experience in computer networking design and configuration.
• Previous experience in shell scripting.
• 5 years experience within the Control Centers for Railways environment, MT/ML signalling projects
• Experience in application engineering (Hardware/Software)
• Knowledge and previous experience in ETCS and CBTC systems.
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application.