Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Technical Support Technician 3
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Technical Support Technician 3, you will be responsible for:
Technical Support Technician 3– Guardian and Proactive Services - Magnetic Resonance (MR): This Support Technician will support our mission of becoming recognized as the most proactive brand in the industry by remotely monitoring customer systems covered by Guardian contracts for potential service events and by clarifying proactive events triggered by PROA processes that identify systems that are likely to experience a service event in the near future. The successful candidate will also support on-line customer experiences that may eliminate travel and reduce our environmental impact. Work directly with headquarters or business unit partners to provide feedback for technical escalations and/or product issues
- Follow existing processes to maintain internet connectivity to our installed base of Guardian and service contract customers.
- Remotely monitor systems covered by Guardian to act on potential alerts or events in real time to improve our ability to take corrective actions that eliminate or reduce negative customer impact.
- Review proactive events generated by systems under service contract to identify root cause and recommend corrective action.
- Contact customers as needed to support the clarification process and to fulfill service level response deliverables as part of our service contract offerings.
- Collaborate with the factory to increase opportunities to recognize useful trends are patterns that can lead to cost-effective actions to reduce unplanned downtime.
- Implement processes to ensure field team members are efficiently dispatched along with tooling and parts to perform proactive repairs and maintenance before they impact the customer.
- Follow escalation processes to ensure proactive action plans are completed in a timely manner that matches the urgency of the trend or potential impact to the customer.
- Help management measure impacts of existing and new proactive events on overall labor and material costs and business outcomes.
- Coordinate communication with stakeholders to promote adoption and shift toward proactive processes.
- Complete administrative tasks and other duties assigned by manager in a timely manner or according to employee guidelines.
- Assist in the development of workplace tools for the improvement of efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Willing to coach TST1 and TST2.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience as customer service engineer, installation engineer, or technical support technician for Siemens MR product line.
- Associate degree or equivalent education/experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other job critical applications
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SAP Knowledge or experience.
- Knowledge of cooling or refrigeration systems.
- Experience in Siemens CT or NM product line
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.