At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Budget Operations Management/Marketing Coordinator – Senior
Working closely with the global and zone planning/execution, this role tracks planning and expenditures against budgets to ensure on plan performance and shares financial trends within the marketing execution team to support investment optimization. The Budget Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that budget information is recorded and tracked accurately and that we know real-time where we stand in terms of spend and forecast. This role teams with finance, purchasing, Data, Analytics & Automation (DAA) and other stakeholder organizations to develop and analyze budget-based reports required to answer new and different questions around spend and performance of campaigns and tactics both locally and globally. This role also reviews financial entries (Campaign Planning and PR/PO Activities) for accuracy and compliance with laws, regulations and Siemens’ processes.
Support Budget Planning & Reporting:
- Regular reviews with Zone field organization for weekly/monthly status, forecasting and adjustments of zone marketing spend by industry, campaign, cost center and country.
- Liaising with finance and the Data, Analytics & Automation team to ensure that company systems (Allocadia, SAP, Hyperion, Dynasite etc.) accurately reflect marketing investment plans, forecasts and expenditures.
- Provide team with reports and updates to ensure execution against allocated budget within target thresholds.
Drive Consistency & Standardization:
- Drive common practices in our budgeting and spend processes and tool usage.
- Educate team members on expectations and requirements as well as identifying and sharing best practices.
- Drive process improvement to minimize complexities and promote effective and efficient operations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
This position requires an individual who has both marketing and finance knowledge with strong budget planning, execution and analysis skills.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts) and other reporting/BI tools including Qlikview, Tableau, etc.
- Adept with modeling and managing large and complex budgets.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations.
- Versed in Siemens DI SW finance and marketing tools and processes.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work and deliver on team deadlines with high quality work.
- Strong systems skills including Allocadia, SAP and Excel and any other accounting or budget management tools.
- Highly motivated, inquisitive and persistent.
- Highly collaborative and goal/results oriented.
- range of functional and organizational roles.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- domain experience is preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Normal Office or Remote Office environment.
- Percentage of travel: Rare (Less than 5%).
Preference will be given to applicants from the Global Strategy & Marketing organization.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.