Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
? Tasks developed as Railway Communications System Engineer:
- Development of System Technical Specifications.
- System Architecture Specifications. Integration with third party systems (Railway Signalling, Communication Networks, SCADA, etc.).
- Management and traceability of requirements along the system life cycle.
- Attending regular meetings for interfacing with third parties (partners, customer or other companies).
- Development of Interface Specifications at HW and SW level.
- Leading the commissioning activities on site, as well as producing the commissioning documentation.
- Providing support to the installation and maintenance works.
? It is a profile of a horizontal nature, where demonstrable technical skills and expertise in several of the following technologies and areas of knowledge would be valuable:
- IT Systems (servers, high availability IT architectures and clustering, databases, SAN storage, NAS, etc.).
- Desktop and server platforms based on Windows and UNIX/Linux.
- Fixed Communication networks (Gigabit Ethernet, SDH, IP/MPLS, etc.).
- Development and deployment of Radio-communication Systems in various technologies (TETRA, WiFi, GSMR, LTE,…)
- Management of requirements and Systems Engineering (tools like DOORS, Reqtify or similar).
- Implementation and supervision of RAMS requirements during system and project development.
- HW development basics (embedded systems, microelectronics, mechatronics...)
- SW development basics (web-like programming and also on object-oriented languages).
- Communication based on TCP/IP.
- Communication protocols for industrial control (OPC and similar).
- Specific knowledge for ‘Security’-like systems application level. Video-monitoring/Closed-Circuit TeleVision (CCTV), Passenger Information System (PIS) Passenger Announcement and Voice Alarm (PAVA), etc. Experience on this type of systems in the context of railway platforms in trackside installations and rolling stock will be valuable.
- Specific knowledge at ‘Safety’-like system application level in rail enviornments: Signalling.
? It is important that candidate can offer:
-travelling abroad, and within the country for more or less extensive stays depending on the needs of the particular project (about 25% of total working time).
- Availability to negotiate an expatriation to other country (conditions to be negotiated)
- Good level in oral and written English.
- Good communicating and integrating skills, both oral and written. The systems object of the activity in this position are developed in the context of large railway infrastructures, international and heterogeneous environments, both from human and technical perspectives.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.