Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a US Federal Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in the delivery of Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs) and other contracts for building automation, HVAC and other energy saving and generation projects.
The Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) will be the SGT representative at assigned project site(s). Every work day to lead the safety and health program, observe and enforce contract and regulatory requirements, including the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan. The SSHO reports directly to the EHS Regional Manager and will interface with the Project Manager on site, customer representatives and all subcontractor personnel for training and safety assistance.
- Lead training such as Safety and Health Orientation, Visitor Employee Safety Orientation, Hazard Communication and weekly “toolbox” talks for all Siemens and subcontractor personnel.
- Observe, promote and enforce safe practices, Personal Protective Equipment use, Respiratory Protection Program, Lockout/Tag out and other necessary procedures and plans including but not limited to Hazardous Energy Control, Fatigue Management, and Steel Erection.
- Lead, participate in and document meetings for safety and health planning and action, such as Lockout coordination with the customer and mobile crane lift plans.
- Anticipate, recognize and control occupational health hazards, including but not limited to heat stress, hazardous materials, and confined space entry.
- Review and make comments/corrections to AHA’s that are submitted by the sub-contractor Complete monthly internal Safety Documentation Audits.
- Complete and file project safety and health documentation, including daily site safety inspections, deficiency logs, hot work permits, new and updated Activity Hazard Analysis, and OSHA 300 forms.
- Act as emergency response team leader in case of emergency, such as personal injury. Investigate, report and communicate about injury, vehicle and property damage incidents.
- Retain records of all first aid treatments. Review and analyze for corrective action as appropriate.
- Check weather conditions while on-site at a minimum of twice per day.
- Maintain the SDS inventory log.
- Attend all site safety/construction meetings.
- Maintain the on-site Safety Board.
- Associate’s degree plus five years’ on-the-job safety experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft word, excel, and power point.
- Complete all SGT mandatory training on time
- Completion of the OSHA 30- hour outreach course for Construction or General Industry and shall maintain competency through having taken 8 hours of documented formal, on-line, or self- study safety and health related coursework every year.
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Familiar with US Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Safety Manual requirements.
- Well versed in electrical and arc flash safe practices, NEC and NFPA 70E.
- Familiar with fall prevention and protection requirements, ANSI Z359, including roof work and personal fall arrest systems.
- Experienced working with mobile construction equipment, including cranes, forklifts, scissor lifts and other aerial work platforms.
- Ability to speak clearly in front of groups, to answer questions, and to explain the reasons behind safety rules.
- Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.