Siemens Industry is looking for a Power Lab Test Engineer for their Tucker, GA location. As a Test Engineer you will perform the commissioning of components, systems and solutions to provide the power lab with required test capabilities. Plan and execute required activities to commission test systems required. Prepare reports and documentation of the results. Evaluate and analyze the labs testing systems and make optimizations to processes and equipment. Propose and implement improvements to technology standards, processes, methods and tools.
Research, and test new technologies for the optimization of the power lab. Be able to design specifications for high power testing systems. Select proper transformers, breakers, and protections systems to power the testing facility. Maintain proper operation of facility power test generator. Select and operate test equipment/software as required by test requirements as directed per UL, CSA, and other certification bodies under the direction of lab team leader. Must have extensive knowledge and experience in programming language such as Lab View and PC programming.
Conducts the training of and/or directs personnel in related job function activities upon the request of management. May contribute as test Engineer for the development of new test as required by standards. Knowledgeable of National or International Standards such as UL, CSA, IEC, ANCE. Ensures the implementation of responsibilities relevant to the test facility as required by quality system documentation. Ensures the effective implementation of processes relevant to the position as required by applicable quality system documentation. Designs and tests the sequence of test programs, and creates test instructions, including documenting the entire testing process. Analyzes the test sequences for potential improvements and carries out or initiate the required implementation measures. You will report to the Laboratory Manager and you will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Design and implement test systems and processes to optimized current test capabilities and produce new capabilities as demand by customer.
- Provide Engineering support to testing personnel with Equipment, programs, etc.
- You will maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Other assignments as directed by Team Lead.
- Test equipment maintenance/upgrades.
- Maintain proper functionality of power generator
- You will cross-train in other areas of the Power Lab with the expectation to learn quickly.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Electrical or Mechanical field preferred.
2. 5 to 8 years practical and specialized experience, or specialized qualification needed
3. Experience with high power test equipment and substations
4. Experience with high power generators.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office skills.
6. PC skills, to include various languages of programming. Labview, Mendix, SQL..
7. Ability to use oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
8. Experience with certification agencies such as UL/ANCE/CSA
9. Experience with automation/Digitization (Robots, vision systems, server motors, PLC)
10. Some knowledge of Networking systems
11. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. ISO 9001, 17025 documentation requirements.
2. Experience with circuit breakers size (15A) through industrial size (up to 6000A).
3. Preferred 5-8 years’ experience in the electrical field.
4. software programming.
5. PLC programming Simatic and LOGO preferred.
6. Ability to multitask and work independently.
7. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
8. Team oriented personality with the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
9. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
10. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants may qualify for employer sponsored work authorization for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.