Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Track Infrastructure Maintenance Technician in Edinburgh. This person will be responsible for undertaking maintenance and response service to Edinburgh Trams Infrastructure and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the Edinburgh Tram Network. The role will be primarily track lead although the technician will be required to undertake all infrastructure maintenance and response activities to ensure the safe operation of the tram infrastructure.
The post will attract a shift allowance. Training will be provided, when required, to obtain the required skills for the role.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Undertake infrastructure maintenance and response activities with a primary focus on Trackwork activities
- Carry out routine planned and corrective maintenance of Tram Infrastructure
- Ensure that all Siemens Mobility Infrastructure Technical, Health & Safety and environmental processes and procedures are followed
- Manage operational safety issues affecting infrastructure maintenance on a day to day basis
- Undertake analyses of track data to identify future maintenance and renewal activities with a particular focus on trackwork
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with mandated Siemens Mobility, Edinburgh Trams maintenance standards
- Liaison with Operational control where necessary
- Ensure that any Infrastructure/Plant defects are recorded on the Maintenance Management System (MMS) & acted upon in accordance with the performance regime
- Agree Prioritisation and allocation of trackwork activities with Senior Technicians, Track Manager and E&M Manager as appropriate
- Management of their own PPE and tool allocation
- Undertaken any other duties as and when required
What Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience will I need?
- Must have relevant experience in track maintenance and engineering preferably in a Light Rail environment
- NVQ Level 3 or above qualification in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience in undertaking track inspections and track corrective work
- Experience of completing all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety including risk assessment, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Experience of working in a team
- Knowledge of IT systems and software
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time