Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Commodity Management Professional for Plastic parts
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Commodity Manager
- You will be responsible to develop the supplier base for plastic parts to support the growing demand in our manufacturing sites (USA and Ireland) for Laboratory Diagnostic instruments
- You will act as focal point between sourcing, manufacturing operations, quality & engineering and lead cross-functional projects
- Furthermore, you are expected to perform end to end supplier management to ensure delivery, quality and cost targets are achieved today and in the future
- On an ongoing basis, you will interact with our Healthineers commodity management and align on demand pooling, price negotiations, global commodity strategy
This position may suit you best if would like to do develop your career with Healthineers and the description below sounds like you!
- You are self-determined, goal oriented and able to prioritize in an agile environment
- You are analytical and structured in your problem-solving approach
- You have a proven ability to drive assignments to full implementation in collaboration with cross-functional partners (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality)
- You are experienced in capacity, process and capability assessment and able to define improvement potentials
- You are a seasoned negotiator and contributor to the business’ profitability
- You are a good communicator and team player with the drive to implement changes
- You are able to build strong and influential business relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
Required for the success of this role
- BS/BA in related discipline
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in related field, preferably in FDA controlled environment
- Expertise in commodity field (e.g. injection molding, thermoforming, etc)
- Willing to travel up to 30%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.