The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for regional development of the Machine Tool product portfolio, as a liaison to and supporting the sales force in the United States for Machine Builders and End Users. The Siemens SINUMERIK product line is the market leader in Machine Tool CNC motion control technology and its performance and design is unmatched in the industry.Responsibilities
This Business Development position has the responsibility to both “support and drive” profitable sales growth of the Machine Tool portfolio. This includes, but not limited to, the ability to: proactively plan, create demand, influence specifications, target & penetrate accounts, drive promotional activities, work and sell collaboratively, create budget proposals, own an opportunity pipeline, conduct training, perform customer presentations, as well as handle numerous other business development and sales related activities. (A heavy emphasis on specification and account influence to drive towards a preferential position.) In addition, the BDM helps guide the Business units by providing marketing advice and leadership to ensure overall market efficiency.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A thorough understanding of and experience in working with all types of Machine Tool Applications is critical, including electrical system architecture, protective relaying, control schemes, and equipment designs and applications.
- 10+ years experience working in the machine tool industry, preferably CNC Motion Control with profound knowledge on how this industry works, who are the players, how decisions are made and a solid understanding of how the machine tool market is evolving. Experience in customer interaction, decision making, and KPI.
- Ability to be able to effectively demonstrate and conduct hands on demonstrations of the equipment
- Proven track record of strategic planning and identifying industry trends to help shape out go to market strategy.
- Experience working with clients at executive, engineering, and operations level
- Experience · with SINUMERIK CNC operation, programming in a plus.
- High self-motivation, a self-starter, and can effectively work in an organizational matrix environment
- A “Hunters” drive and motivation to win orders (this is not an account maintenance role)
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Bachelor’s Degree, with Electrical Engineering Background a plus
- Willingness to travel including some international travel
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment! Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.