DevOps Senior Manager
The Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) division is seeking an experienced Development Operations (DevOps) Manager who can effectively collaborate with leadership, product owners, & developers to plan, develop, and implement solutions to optimize and automate the software delivery pipeline.
This candidate ideally would have a deep understanding of current DevOps best practices, tools, and ecosystem and be able to show experience in a number of topic areas including CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Observability and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Principles. This candidate would also be expected to grow and nurture a team as a main responsibility and be aggressive at finding new opportunities and ways to provide value to the development organization.
- Manage a team of DevOps Engineers, prioritization of work, coordination and scheduling of activities, performance evaluations, goal setting, etc.
- Contribute to establishing a DevOps culture at MOM through training, mentoring, conducting retrospectives, and leading planning sessions.
- Continuously manage and measure such things as application performance, uptime, volume, etc. and automate reporting for critical systems.
- Help improve our products by building and supporting CI/CD environments around them.
What Will You Be Working With:
- Mixture of greenfield and brownfield applications.
- Both on-premise and cloud-based deployments and application stacks.
- Mostly Microsoft & VMWare infrastructure, though migration underway to Containers, Kubernetes, and Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) ecosystem.
- 6-8 person team of excited DevOps engineers with a variety of backgrounds.
Prerequisites and Essential Functions:
Demonstrable ability to lead successful DevOps initiatives:
- Prefer experience in commercial enterprise software.
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices and principles.
- Excellent communication skills, with a desire to work in a distributed team setting.
- 2+YoE (AKA: 'Practitioner') with at least three of the below:
- - Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)
- Microsoft Team Foundation (TF) / Azure DevOps
- Github or Gitlab Source Code Management (SCM) systems
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Engineering or Operations people management
Education / Experience:
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required. Equivalent industry experience is also accepted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.