The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
Mobility provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Rolling Stock and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
- Head the Commercial Bid and Tender team for large scale Mobility tenders
- Support the Sales team in all commercial and contractual aspects along the Pre-Sales Phase up to completion of tender stage
- Being a key player in the implementation of a winning bid strategy from all commercial as well as contractual aspects
What are my job responsibilities?
- Ensures the compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
- Ensure reliable and transparent costing and pricing strategy
- Be involved in the negotiation with the customer to support the bid team with all commercial and contractual aspects and in line with bid strategy
- Drives together with the bid PM the identification, evaluation and assessment of risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities and taking over the full responsibility with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Coordination of procurement, legal, tax, customs, transfer price and insurance topics together with subject matter experts
- Documentation in line with the mandatory internal and external requirements
- Responsible to set up a contract and claim management at tender stage
- Facilitate lessons learnt from prior bids and tenders to ensure continues improvement
- Ensure accurate handover to the project execution team incl. order entry calculation and proper documentation reflecting all changes during tender stage
What do I need to qualify for this role?
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a finance related field
- Project Management Certification is a plus
- At least 8 years of relevant commercial and contract management experience, especially on infra-structure projects, Rail experience is a plus
- Experience in managing a team is a plus
- Experience of working in multinational companies
- Analytical, self-initiative and team player with good communication skills
- Well-versed in PC Software / Applications
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English due to multi-cultural working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time