We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Our Digital Buildings Data Analytics team is looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer who is eager to put his/her passion into building a data analytics environment and to play with building data from all over the world. You will work with a passionate team of data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to build tomorrow’s data-driven building products. The position is located in Zug, Switzerland, where an engaged and multinational community will happily introduce you to our dynamic, global environment. In this role you can work partly from home and partly from the office. Join us in creating environments that care!
Please be aware that this position is limited to 1 year only!
Your new responsibilities
- Take responsibility and ownership for the initial end-to-end setup of a data analytics environment. Build a platform that hosts our data driven services, allowing us to process and utilize the wealth of data we have. Mainly a back-end solution, it has a limited front-end side as well
- The core of this job is software engineering, however the job is located within a global data science environment
- Work closely with global, cross-functional teams like Architects, Data Scientists, DevOps and Product Managers to understand and implement the solution requirements
- Track the implementation, drive the integration across various departments, and monitor the usage of data analytics products
- Make sure the numerous APIs are well maintained, test and validate the environment with end-users
- Support the team head or other colleagues in upcoming daily tasks where necessary
Your skills and experience
- A University degree in Computer Science or a comparable education, we are flexible as long as a high quality of code is ensured
- The scenario in our team needs an early starter, bringing along a few years of professional experience in software engineering, ideally with Python, alternatively with Scala or C#
- As you will be working with these from day one, familiarity with AWS services beyond EC2 (e.g., Batch, RDS, SageMaker) and Infrastructure as Code is something we expect from applicants
- Initial experience or willingness to explore big data pipeline and compute tooling such as Luigi, Airflow, Beam, Spark, Databricks. When it comes to methodologies, knowledge of agile software development processes would be highly valued
- You understand the challenges around data privacy and security and uphold the highest standards when it comes to protecting our customers’ data
- You have the right attitude, allowing you to navigate within a complex global organization and getting things done. We need a person with an absolute willingness to support the team, a proactive and stress-resistant personality
- There are a lot of learning opportunities for our new team member. An openness to learn about data analytics (including AI) offerings is part of your motivation
- Business fluency in English
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time