Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Siemens Mobility offers intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban and freight transportation. We’re looking to empower people wanting to seek the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
As a member of the Project Procurement Team, we are ultimately responsible for all sourcing processes and procuring resources to meet project targets with regards to budget, product availability, and quality for our projects. Here, you will be proactive to ensure that all relevant procurement information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, supplier management data) is readily available to keep all project participants and relevant cross-functional partners are kept up to date.
You will also collaborate with colleagues in engineering and sales, support project calculation with reliable and up-to-data cost data. Include supplier innovations and preferred supplier/ product portfolios that improve Siemens' cost position and/or the customer's benefit.Responsibilities:
1. Review and monitor the sales pipeline in order to ensure the involvement of procurement. Meet with cross-functional partners and participate in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market information at an early stage to optimize supplier selection, internal workflows and processes.
2. Establish accurate sourcing processes, control of all procurement resources and activities in the project or area of responsibility and advise all involved to deliver optimum impact for the business (procurement plan, target-costing) and procurement targets to meet requirements relating to budget, availability, and quality. Apply Procurement regulations as per compliance, organization standards.
3. Analyze project scope of supply, contractual obligations and end customer's functional needs. Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid potential damage and to exploit savings potential.
4. Derive procurement strategies for assigned projects in accordance with division and BU-wide procurement strategies. Ensure implementation (in particular pooling or utilization of master contracts), as well as identify improvement opportunities to ensure alignment with the strategic procurement targets as well as overall business strategies.
5. Lead contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimum conditions e.g. Total Cost of Ownership (ToCO).
6. Ensure that mitigation of procurement risks, changes to original scope of supply and potential claims (towards customers and suppliers) are covered in valid contracts with suppliers. Ensure that required customer contractual obligations are fulfilled by supplier and covered in a way that mitigates Siemens' risk exposure.
7. Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports. Proactively ensure resources availability, status, transparency and alerting of deviations.
8. Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications and project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations) and supplier development activities. Follow-up with suppliers in regards to NCC costs.
9. Identify and develop new DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) vendors to support project requirements.Required Knowledge/Skills/Education:
4 year degree in business, economics or engineering
5-10 years experience in project management, procurement or relevant disciplines.
Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
Microsoft Suite and SAP computer skills required.
Rail Electrification or Power Distribution industry experience highly desired.Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.