As our Senior Customs and Trade professional to the Customs, Trade and Compliance team. In this key role, you will support all the business units within Siemens Mobility USA in all customs related matters, ensuring full compliance with applicable customs regulations and internal requirements. The role will report directly to the US head of Customs. Your impact will be ensured by your expertise, analytical abilities, consultations skills in coordination with a global mindset and a powerful display of business acumen.
What you will be doing
Act as an advisor to the business units on global trade compliance and supply chain security (C-TPAT) matters.
Ensure full compliance and timely resolution for the assignment of HTS classifications for import and export shipments.
- Subject matter expertise on Implementation of Customs related processes within the business ERP or Global Trade Management System
- Collect, analyze and evaluate company data and processes to identify risk & opportunities for standardizing and streamlining processes across business units in the US.
- Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross department activities promoting process optimization.
- Identify, capture, collect, monitor key metrics (KPI’s) for development of business strategies and presentation to management.
- Develop, implement and enforces guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in area of responsibility.
- Supports regular training to targeted business groups on import compliance and supply chain security topics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience
- Hands-on experience with ERP, preferably SAP, and Global Trade Management systems
- Direct experience with determining USHTS classifications
- Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills utilizing various PC and MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently
- Presentation skills
- Required travel – not more than 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.