We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
About the Role Are you an expert at seamlessly transitioning from a consultative discussion with a C-level executive to a technical discussion with an engineer? Does solving problems for customers and finding both technical and business solutions come naturally to you? You will be working in a highly customer-facing role, providing pre-sales support and advice to customers. You will collaborate with field sales and engineering teams to recommend and develop customer solutions. As the Senior Solution Architect, you will work in a consultative fashion and take over an expert role within field for the account team, our customers and internal Siemens teams.
At Siemens Building Products, we value diversity of thought, by asking tough questions and committing ourselves to solutions - we perform best when we consider different opinions and backgrounds. Join our newly created team to develop the solutions of tomorrow!
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver tailored technical and functional presentations as well as demonstrations to customer audiences, the topics can vary from technical discussions, conceptual alignments, and meetings with C-Level executives
- Support pre-sales workshops, demos, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks. Identify technical hurdles early in the sales cycle and work to overcome any objections using available resources
- Assist in the functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFQs and be able to respond quickly, while subsequently working on the solution mapping
- Contribute to the development of new product demonstrations and proof of concepts adapting to customers and their operating environments
- Provide crucial engineering and product management customer feedback on our Smart Building Software offerings. We expect you to spend around 50% of your time with customers, either through interaction or on with customer visits
- Contribute to the future strategy definition and further develop our pre-sales approach by strengthening our value proposition
The essential skills that we need in this role
- Your technical background enables you to quickly grasp technical topics, and makes it easy for you to identify solutions and abstract concepts
- We are looking for a person with concrete experience in a pre-sales or project management capacity where you worked in a SaaS or Enterprise IT/IoT environment
- You are highly accomplished at communicating across all levels of an organization to both technical and executive audiences, whether spontaneous on a whiteboard or using presentations and demonstrations, you are a convincing personality
- Working knowledge of contractual legal and security & privacy frameworks to win RFQ's. You are also comfortable in creating high-quality technical Statements of Works (SOWs) with tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of sales processes and methodologies helps you to transform leads into concrete outcomes
Our nice to haves, the more of these the better
- Hands-on knowledge of integrating via BACnet/ KNX / REST APIs, MQTT, OPC-DA, SSL configuration, IPv4/v6 networking configuration and highly secure networking principles and architectures.
- Working knowledge of Building Portfolio and/or systems in building automation, safety and security
- Good knowledge of privacy frameworks such as GDPR/CCPA and security certifications (ISO2700x, SOCII, etc.).
- Advanced language skills in English and German, which is especially helpful for 1:1 training sessions and customer presentations
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time