During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Simulation & Test Solutions
Type: Full time / temporary (6 months)
Join our team as “Software Engineer (m/f/d) Fast Solver Development” in Munich, Germany.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of Fast Solver for designers imbedded in Siemens NX
- Supporting maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
- Design and development of new features based on requests from both product management and internal strategic initiatives
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
- Supporting other developers through design discussion and code review
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or computer science discipline, ideally focusing on novel schemes for fast simulation, such as CutCells, FiniteCells, Immerse Boundaries
- Expertise in implementing numerical methods
- Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel algorithms on heterogeneous architectures, including GPGPUs, using MPI, OpenMP, CUDA
- Object-oriented C++ software development skills
- Knowledge in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
- Fluent in English
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from re-peatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens Digital Industries Software we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application in English. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.