At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Lead Software Engineer (AWS)- SISW- PLM
The lead software engineer is a hybrid position that directly contributes to their team’s project work while also organizing the activities of the other members of the team, providing them with leadership, coaching and holding them accountable. This person and their team are responsible for developing next generation customer facing systems to engage differently with customers along a digital journey. The ideal candidate has a technical background in the latest cloud-based development and delivery platforms, small team management experience, extensive agile experience and understanding of all aspects of the software development and delivery lifecycle. This position reports to the head of platform engineering and is responsible for interfacing directly with product owners to deliver specific features that address prioritized user stories in support of core services and/or a mar-tech application set. The role requires a senior developer that is comfortable with providing direction to others while continuing to take on project work.
• Ensure teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and staying aligned to the long-term architecture
• Engage with product owners and key partners within Digital Platforms and the larger DI SW organization to understand requirements and jointly develop user stories and prioritization
• Specify non-functional requirements; analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints
• Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements
• Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with the other development teams and leadership in the organization to deliver solutions that help our business succeed
• Devise and transparently communicate a roadmap on a regular basis to set expectations with product owners and key partners
• Regularly report on progress towards commitments using data
• Delegate appropriately to the development team, retaining the appropriate number of kind of tasks to complete themselves.
• Improve agile software engineering processes and practices
• Identify and reduce technical debt
Skills and abilities:
• Extensive cloud-native development expertise
• Complete knowledge of software development lifecycle – specifications, documentation, engineering, security, unit test/QA, continuous delivery, maintenance, etc.
• Able to lead a small team, providing direction, coaching and regular feedback.
• Setting results-oriented, measurable targets and metrics as key drivers in decision-making processes
• Able to attract and hire world-class talent and build high-performing teams
• 5+ years' work experience building distributed systems for web applications
• 3+ years’ people management experience, directing the day-to-day activities of 3-5 engineers
• Deep technical understanding and informed opinions on cloud-native development, programming languages, development frameworks and optimization
• Proven track record of delivering world-class software in sophisticated environments on time and at or under budget.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-functional environment, including coordination of standard methodologies with other business and technical units, and alignment to architectural standards and policy mandates of the larger organization
• Has developed sales and marketing applications
• Has led a small development team
• Has worked within an agile methodology across a large, distributed software development organization
• Can handle ambiguity, drive consensus, communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.