Mission of Function
As part of a zone management team, manage a small to medium region comprising multiple country organization or a multi-vertical team of Portfolio Managers to deliver high-quality portfolio development activities to support the sales of the Company's software and meet the goals of the business. In partnership with Zone executives and management, contribute to
the sales pipeline strategy, understanding the Portfolio Development contribution requirements.
Oversee the planning and delivery of portfolio expansion and growth through the management of Portfolio Development activities, aligned with SPL Zone level objectives. Manage business operations for Portfolio management for own area of responsibility, including budget/cost control, business planning, monitoring, and reporting. Responsible for personnel decisions such as recruitment, training, and development, performance management, etc., in line with relevant regulations for own areas of responsibility.
Participate in relevant Zone level meetings and contribute to planning and reporting for required activity. Provide coaching and mentoring across the Zone and act as an advocate to others in the business with respect to the impact and value of Portfolio Development. Contribute to zone initiatives originating from agreed priorities and strategy.
Areas of Responsibility
Business Operations Management
• Ensure the delivery of internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims, and procedures in business terms.
• Contribute to the definition of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for the Zone Portfolio Development team. Set appropriate budget plans for the local sub-team in line with Portfolio Development and Zone AOP. Manage and control team expenditure and headcount within agreed budgets, monitoring on-going progress
against plans and reports to Portfolio Development Vice President or Zone Managing Director
• Where appropriate, contribute to the 5-year planning process, providing input and validation of Portfolio growth plans and targets
• Attend Country/Vertical or Zone Sales Meetings to represent and evangelize Portfolio Development.
• May deputize for Portfolio Development Vice President as required;
Portfolio Development Management
• Ensure an efficient Portfolio Development team structure is deployed within the own area of responsibility and effectively delegate
responsibility within the team to achieve high-quality Portfolio Development delivery in line with company objectives
• Direct the Portfolio Management activities for own area of responsibility acting as a secondary escalation point for process and pursuit
• Support the consolidation of the Global Campaigns and Global/Zone/Country Initiatives into Portfolio Development domains, work with
the Portfolio Development Vice President to plan allocation across the Zone and work with Portfolio Development Managers under own
area of responsibility to produce detailed coverage plans for each Country/Vertical, agreeing assignment of Portfolio Domains.
• Actively contribute to, or lead the definition of a high-level Zone Portfolio Development strategy based on past experience, appreciation
and understanding of the marketplace and the current global priorities, aligning with Zone Management and Global/Zone goals. Review
Country/Vertical strategies for own area of responsibility, ensuring consistency, achievability, and alignment with Zone goals, reviewing
both regularly and adjusting as required.
• Drive and review the definition of the target markets and opportunities for Portfolio Development in each Portfolio Domain within their own area of responsibility, providing input into the Zone validation activities.
• Drive and oversee the creation of comprehensive Go to Market strategies for each portfolio domain for each Country/Vertical, ensuring that agreement and sign off have been achieved with the relevant Country/Vertical Sales Directors.
• Liaise with other Portfolio Development Managers and the Zone Sales and Presales Management team to ensure consistency of SISW
Portfolio Development approach.
• Contribute to the investigation and evaluation of the business potential for new Markets and/or Solutions.
• Track Portfolio growth delivery within the countries/region, working with appropriate sales management to determine standards,
processes, and strategies, paying close attention to Must Win account pursuits associated with Portfolio Development strategies
• Regularly reviews activities within the team to manage Product Development priorities, work allocation, and business risks, using the
interlock process output to support prioritization, drive activities, and allocate suitable resource
• Produce reports and metrics for all Portfolio Development activity for own area of responsibility showing progress against strategies, risks,
challenges, and resulting agreed actions to deliver a plan.
• Support Global and Zone internal and external conferences and events.
• Work with HR regarding personnel decisions (where permitted by and in accordance with applicable law), including contributing to the setting of compensation and benefits programs within the Portfolio Development organization in line with global guidelines.
• Work with the appropriate 3rd party or internal support functions, and within the appropriate headcount policies and country plan, contribute to and/or fully undertake the recruitment and selection of relevant Portfolio Development staff, ensuring that advice and counsel is sought from the appropriate functional management
• Contribute to the Portfolio Development workforce and succession planning process in order to align the Portfolio Development team with future country business needs
• Contribute to the creation and communication of Zone Portfolio Development plans and associated individual goals for own direct reports, ensuring that individual performance and bonus objectives are aligned with the Zone Portfolio Development strategy.
• Undertake regular performance appraisals according to Siemens HR processes, and identify any direct report performance problems. Manage any subsequent mitigation process, drawing support from suitable internal functions such as HR to ensure adherence to Siemens policy and legal requirements
• Ensure appropriate learning and development plans are established for direct reports, with support from L&D or HR Business Partner
Mentoring and Leadership
• Provide advice and coaching to Portfolio Development team on Portfolio development activities
• Guide Portfolio Development in the support of Country Mid Market and Enterprise sales reps to identify market acceleration and portfolio development opportunities
• Contribute to specific initiatives for business, process improvement, and knowledge management that support the global Portfolio Development of business objectives
• Drive the adoption of Portfolio Development Best Practices and Global standards within the Portfolio Development team to enable the growth of the Portfolio software sales within the new logo and existing customers
• Support the organizational culture, values, and reputation in company markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners, and regulatory/official bodies.
• Must be willing and able to travel to appropriate work locations, as required by Siemens PLM or specified by the customer project.
• Must be willing and available to work the core hours required by Siemens PLM or specified by the customer project, respecting local country legislation and company policies.
• Adhere to all relevant local legislation and corporate policies impacting both business operations and the management of staff
• Uphold the professional integrity of Siemens at all times
• Upholds and enforces Siemens compliance guidelines at all times
• Adhere to all Siemens Health and Safety policies
• Adhere to, and promote all core internal and customer processes relating to the effective undertaking of the role
• Ensure that all communication channels within the business are adhered to.
• Provide input, where appropriate to country/zone meetings
• Undertake any business administration in line with job activity, including the approval and management of timesheets and recording of expenses in an accurate and timely manner, and efficiently sign off expenses for the team where required
• Undertake any other duties required by the company.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time