Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire a Team Leader for Network Control supporting our Rail Electrification business with overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the engineering team.
The Team Leader – NC is responsible for the production and development of the NC Contract Engineering Design deliverables / submittals together with all other associated documentation, calculations and drawings in North America (NAM).
You will play a vital role in the safe and timely completion of all Engineering deliverables to ensure projects are delivered timely and on-budget and that all safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
You will also co-ordinate multi-disciplinary Engineering designs between the various engineering teams including those produced by our external approved suppliers and / or other third parties.
This role will work closely with the Project Manager(s) and Commercial Project Manager(s) to ensure an integrated engineering solution is presented to the Customer. This will extend to working and collaborating with our external approved suppliers and or other third parties as appropriate to produce a homogeneous solution.
The Team Leader – NC will be responsible for ensuring alignment at all times to Siemens Business Management Systems (BMS), Safety working policies, standards, procedures and standard practices.
The Team Leader – NC shall provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. At the same time achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
The Team Leader – NC shall be required to have a good understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the Engineering design.
The Team Leader – NC will support the Technical Manager (TM) as required. The Team Leader – NC may also act as the Technical Manager – NC as nominated by the Head of Engineering.
The Team Leader – NC will support the Head of Engineering as required. The Team Leader – NC will report to the Head of Engineering.Areas of responsibility / tasks:
- Review and appraise all tender specs and associated project documents as part of the LoA process
- Assist with the development of Bid estimates and documentation for new opportunities
- Continuously manage the Engineering project schedule on a project and enterprise level
- Ensure that any sub-contracted Engineering design work is awarded and led in a professional, cost efficient manner
- Ensure that all project Engineering designs are compliant with all applicable standards including, but not limited to, ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Ensure productive and cost-effective use of technical resources to achieve company targets, margins and profit
- Ensure sufficient resources are acquired in a timely manner to meet Program commitments
- Positively influence Engineering design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- Provide technical support to all Project Manager(s) as required
- Provide technical support to all Commercial Manager(s) and ensure all Engineering design change requests are processed in a timely manner
- Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery on-time and within budget
- Take an active role in the local mentor of junior /less experienced staff to ensure the developmental needs of both the individual and the business are met
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and handle your time effectively
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make accurate judgments
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required
- Willingness to travel across the USA
- Undertake lessons learned exercises to maintain value
- Owner of engineering tools (Simatic® Manager, TIA Portal, Sitras® RSC / WinCC® OA, Sitras® Pro / MDC, Digsi® 5)
- Engineering degree (bachelors required, masters preferred)
Knowledge & Experience:
- Professional Engineer (PE) qualified in any US state (preferred)
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience of AC and / or DC rail electrification schemes, particularly NC assets
- Proficient in discipline specific ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Has the management skill to undertake the role
- Has an understanding of interfaces between engineering disciplines involved in the project
- Can influence or directly manage those whose roles contribute to compliance
- Understands their responsibility for appointing adequate competent engineering resources to undertake the works
- Understands and has the time to undertake the role
- Proven experience in managing people in a dynamic and challenging business environment
- Strong organizational, collaborative and leadership experience and capability
- Strong business and financial understanding and good appreciation of contractual, commercial issues associated with design business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of and experience of Siemens Electrification products is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Proficient in Microsoft Project Professional (minimum)
- Proficient in Oracle Primavera P6 (preferred)
- Promote Siemens Zero Harm culture
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the business procedures relative to their position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved personal protective equipment (PPE) / clothing and use safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations
- Use all equipment provided safely - notify local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Inform management of any potential items that could improve Siemens environmental performance
- Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.